These are some of my personal favorites:
"Shattered Dreams"; "The Pressure is Off"
by Larry Crab. A different view of blessings in that God is our greatest reward.
"Wild at Heart"; "Waking the Dead"
both by John Elderedge. Loved the concept that we all have unanswered questions and that God loves our hearts.
by Cloud and Townsend. This book was truly life giving for me. It was a taste of what healthiness should be.
"The Myth of the Perfect Mother"
by Carla Barnhill. This book encouraged me to be what God calls me to be and to seek Him rather than getting caught up with all kinds of expectations.
"Emotionally Healthy Spirituality"
by Peter Scazzero. This is a great reminder that if we ignore our emotional life we are not living the freedom that God desires for us
by Francine Rivers. This is a great love story that reminds us that we are loved deeply.
Web Sites of Interest:
- Frank is a great teacher that makes you love God more
- Pro Athletes Outreach is a ministry designed to support athletes families in their lifestyle. They have conferences and many resources for wives
- Christian Life Coach Training and Support
- Association for Sports wives and a magazine with great resources and encouragement
- Steven Ortiz- interesting and challenging research last but not least
- A website for the cutest, greatest guy in the whole world who happens to be a baseball player and has a book!!!